Monday, April 16, 2007

Down On The Corner - Location Scout Part II


Today I wandered the streets of Adelaide in search of a slum for the opening scene. I had in mind something along the lines of fire escapes, dumpsters and other standard hobo spots. Turns out the city is cleaning up these areas so my search didn't prove to be as fruitful as initially hoped. However, I did find a nice looking carpark behind 'jive' with some awesome graffiti that would look cool in the scene.
Anyways, because of my incompetence as a location scout, I'm asking anyone who knows any such slums to send us some possible locations. Something along the lines of the backdrop for the Bob Dylan video for "Subterranean Homesick Blues"...




Don't Follow Leaders, Watch Your Pawking Meters...


What?!

3 comments:

Rowan said...

What about that place on the corner of King William St and Waymouth St. That kind of looks like the Bob Dylan video clip backdrop. Either that or the block of flats where I live looks pretty slummy. Lots of trash and people who still look homeless despite having homes.

ruwithme said...

port adelaide
still the place lots a good stuff
drive there walk around
the old warehouses in the northern region

JCriquet said...

Loving these illustrated blogs, dude.

Imperial Place has always been my favourite alleyway in the city. I'm sure you could find something really grimy leading off of Hindley Street, too.